If you love to cook with cabbage, this is a dish for you. A super easy recipe, full of flavor.
Cabbage with Peppers & Cherry Tomatoes it’s more than tasty, fast and easy, which makes it the perfect choice for your busy days.
You want to cook something delicious without so much effort? You have to try it.
Cabbage with Peppers & Cherry TomatoesPrint
- 2 medium-size cabbages (finely chopped)
- 2 yellow onions (finely chopped)
- 20-25 cherry tomatoes (cut in two)
- 1 bell pepper red (cut into cubes)
- 1 bell pepper green cut into cubes)
- 2 carrots (cut in small cubes)
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 250 ml tomato juice
- 300 ml vegetable broth
- 2 twigs dry thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- a pinch of pepper grains
- In one large bowl, put the chopped cabbage and add a generous amount of salt over it. Press & mix well and let it aside for at least 10-15 min.
- Place a large sauce pan on medium heat and add the olive oil.
- Add the onion, the peppers & the carrots and cook everything until the vegetables become soft.
- Add the garlic and continue cooking for 1 more minute.
- Next to your vegetables, add the cabbage & mix.
- Add the tomato juice and the vegetable broth over the cabbage & all the spices.
- Cover the saucepan and let everything to boil, until cabbage it’s completely soft.
- About 10 minutes before turning off the fire, add the cherry tomatoes. In this way, they will get cooked properly, but will not lose their shape.
- When it’s ready season with salt and pepper if it’s necessary.
- Serve next to sour cream & crackers or fresh bread!